Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Monday, August 11, 2014

Redoing the Studio

My studio is moving again...back to the now spare bedroom.


I had to move out of here when our son needed to move back home for awhile. Thus, I moved into the dining room:

Until I decided I wanted the dining room back and moved to the breakfast nook. It has not worked well there as it's just too cluttered and crowded. I tried, I really did, as the light is perfect.


But I never could keep it uncluttered. It overwhelmed me and killed my creativity. 



 I gave up trying to keep things organized.


Plus the easel had to sit here meaning I had to move it each time I wanted to go in there.

But now I have this:
In the process of cleaning the room

And I'm excited. Today it's cleaning the carpet day. Then it will be deciding where this beast goes:
Eventually, I'll paint the beast but for now, he will remain stained wood as I really need to be able to fill him with boxes and bins and stuff. 

Tomorrow it will be moving day! And hopefully, there I will stay until we move to the farm and I get to turn this into my dream studio. But that's for another time.


For now when I move into the room, I can finally finish these pieces:


And do the two pet portraits I have lined up:

And work on all the DIY projects I want to work on.

Basically, be my creative self in a more organized and roomier space! What about you...do you work better in a cluttered space or an organized space?

Cecilia

8 comments:

  1. I am excited for you! I love the piece with the adirondack chair--you are so talented! Look forward to following your journey! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cecilia. I'm loving that one too...such a peaceful feeling, don't you think? I have a huge mess right now but it's slowly coming together. I'm going to weed some stuff out hopefully. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you ... hard to work in a cluttered place ... too many distractions with not being able to find what you want. Good luck with getting in the larger room soon.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Audrey. I'm getting things moved. Going slow as I'm weeding through stuff. Going to get it down to what I use and get rid of the rest. Quite a process.

      Delete
  3. Our daughter is staying with us for 2 months - only 2 weeks to go - so I lost my creative space. And, I feel lost without it. I am glad you have a space almost ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost mine for 1.5 years. Well, the bedroom anyway. The dining room worked ok, it is open to the living room so that made it hard when I would be in the middle of something and my husband would complain about how messy it looked. I'm so happy to have a room back where I can close the door! :)

      Delete
  4. Suggest you put wheels on the beast...so much easier to move around. Casters from a big box hardware store are cheap and sturdy. Maybe next time a kid returns you could just turn the breakfast room or dining room into a bedroom for them...might make their stay shorter and you get to keep your studio. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Sugar! I don't know why I didn't think of that - my smaller one does have wheels and it is such a handy feature.
      And I'm definitely not giving up my space again! I've threatened them with the garage. Lol.

      Delete