Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Monday, April 28, 2014

Art and Moving Things Around (Again)

I've been busy in the studio. I finished one painting (sorry it's blurry-I don't know what happened - operator error, I'm sure):

"The Catbird Seat"


and started on another one:

Rusty Wheel

I also decided to reclaim my dining room so begin the process of moving the art stuff into the breakfast nook. Yikes, what a mess! I'm finally making progress and getting things organized to where I can paint or work on other projects.


I have the desk to empty and move out, then I can get the dining room back in order:


While it makes a great place for the computer, it mostly just catches stuff. I won't miss it.

Later, I'll pull our round dining table out of storage and probably paint/restain it. Fortunately we have the small table to use until then. We are enjoying the bigger dining space all ready and I'm enjoying all the natural light the breakfast nook gets. Perfect for art work! Plus I have this beautiful view out my window.
It's a little hard to see but the rosebush (Little Pinkie) is covered in pink blossoms and the honeysuckle is also starting to bloom. Heavenly!

The only drawback is the limited space. Someday! Someday I'll have my large studio to work in. Every time we are at the farm, I go up to the barn and dream of my space - where the windows will go, how I'll arrange my supplies, where I'll place my table, etc. It's going to be wonderful! I am thankful for the space I have now but dreaming never hurts! :o)

Well, I'm off to work on more cleaning/organizing.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Don't work too hard...I know it is important to have a space with great light...Love your artwork!!!...Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shirley. It really is the best spot in our house for light. I just wish it were bigger but that would mean more stuff, lol. The joys of a small house! :)

    ReplyDelete