Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Been Forever

It's been forever since I posted anything here...I've been busy with painting though. I did manage to finish a couple of new paintings and have a new one well under way.

I did this one for my brother before he died. He and I talked about what he liked and I did my best to capture that. He loved nature and felt a deep connection to wildlife. He told me his favorite animal was the raccoon  and told me a story about finding several baby raccoons and playing with them. He loved to hike, snow ski, camp out, etc. He liked butterflies - a lot. And he said he wanted to live in a "Hobbit" house in his next life. He did get to enjoy his painting before he died. I am glad for that. It is titled "His Spiritual Journey".


He stands at a waterfall with his animal spirit looking over him, while a flight of butterflies show the way to his new home on the far horizon.

I do like mixing a touch of fantasy in with reality. It was a fun painting to do although the circumstances were sad that lead to me doing it.

Now I'm busy painting a new one - this one without fantasy. Just a sweet covered bridge from our trip to New England a couple of years back. Ah, the memories!

4 comments:

  1. How nice of you to paint that for your brother! I'm sure he was overjoyed with it. I think you captured his interests well in it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure wherever he is, he is smiling down on you and this beautiful painting. Thank you for visiting my blog! Started following you on google+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vel. And thanks for the follow back.

      Delete