Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Friday, November 16, 2012

Fog painting done!

Long ago when my son was 2, we went to visit my husband's grandparents in Arkansas. They lived out in a very pretty rural area close to Hope, AR. My husband spent his summers there as a boy and loved it.

Jay liked being there too. He liked being outside and exploring. One morning he and my husband went out to check the mail. Jay decided to take off down the road - he "ran away". My husband chose to snap a picture before taking off after him. :o) I have loved that photo ever since. My sweet little boy exploring his limits; in the fog; at his great-grandparents' home; in the Fall.

Fast forward 23 years later. I have often looked at the photo and wanted to paint it. Thought about it when I tried watercolor. Never felt confident enough to try it. (I wanted it to be a good painting after all!) Pondered it when I did a short stint with acrylic but it dried too fast and I wanted the fog to be just so.

Finally, with oils I have painted it. And I love it. It holds such sweet memories of a cute little 2 yr. old, my husband's grandparents whom I loved as my own, and a beautiful foggy morning. Presenting "Exploring His Limits":

"Exploring His Limits"
by Cecilia Bramhall
*All rights reserved


3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! It's so beautiful. Cecilia, you are one of the most talented people I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredible. Absolutely awesome
    Janice

    ReplyDelete