Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rejected!

I received my first rejection letter this week - woohoo! I know, weird reaction, right? But let me tell you, I am somewhat thrilled. I mean, I was brave enough to enter an unknown show and let total strangers decide on whether or not they wanted to use my paintings in their upcoming show. That was a huge step for me.
I'm not devastated I didn't get in; disappointed sure, but not crushed. I've grown; gotten thicker skin; I know my paintings are good - I am more confident in my talent! So while it would have been great to be accepted, I feel good about stepping out and trying. And I'll keep entering and eventually, one painting will be a good fit and get accepted. Because nothing ventured, nothing gained. As I tell my friends - "You can't win if you don't enter!"

4 comments:

  1. Great attitude, Cecilia! I know it's a big step to put yourself out there for others to judge your work. You are handling the rejection with grace and professionalism. You're right, one day it will be a good fit for another show and you'll be grateful for this experience. You may even be able to minister to others who are feeling rejection. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nici. I told my husband I'd come a long way from a few years ago. Before I would have been devastated but now I know it's just part of the process. :) I feel like I've arrived!

      Delete
  2. That is so true! I watched "Katie" on tv yesterday and her show was about that very thing. Not being afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try things in life for fear of failure. I need to work on that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a process. Learning it's not personal. Liking what you turn out and not really caring if others do or not. Not sure how it happened but glad I've crossed that line. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete