Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Friday, June 15, 2012

A redo or more like a complete overhaul

Some time ago, I did a watercolor painting for a friend's office. It wasn't great. She liked it but every time I saw it, I cringed. There was something off about it. Needless to say, I finally took it off her wall and gessoed over it. I gave her the option to pick what she wanted me to paint...another landscape or since she likes horses, a horse picture. Of course she wanted a hunter jumper. (She used to ride) Ok. I was up to that challenge. Since she couldn't find her photos of herself and horse, I searched and found one for reference. And so I started. I've gotten braver and now draw (with paint) straight on the canvas. No more sketching it out and transferring it. It's a little scary but it works better. Plus I have my teacher to fall back on when necessary. I'm having to figure out certain aspects of the painting as I go, but it's coming along nicely. It has a nice feel of movement to it. And when it's done, I won't be cringing when I go into her office.

No comments:

Post a Comment