Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Winning paintings

Cordovan Art School had their student show last Friday evening. It was great to see what all the other classes had been creating. The kids always amaze me with their talent. I mean, there are some wonderful little artists out there! It's fantastic to see little 6 -9 year olds creating some really good art. wow. They're so cute!
I like seeing what the other adult classes are doing too in the other classes. The pastel, watercolor, and other classes had some beautiful pieces. Just love it!
One of the newer students in my class won 1st place. I'm so excited for Max. I wish you could have seen his piece - he had painted a pioneer woman at a spinning wheel in front of the fire. It was fantastic! Ardelle  got a 3rd for her forest painting - her handling of the sunlight streaming through the trees was beautiful. And Nancy got a 3rd for her first ever person - a little girl reading. Congratulations to all of you!
My "Secret Place" won 2nd:
The Secret Place
And "Midnight's Journey" won Viewer's Choice!

Midnight's Journey
All in all, a good night for this artist! I'm very pleased everyone liked my paintings. Thank you to all.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Eve says she wants a horse just like the white one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! something very ethereal about both these paintings. Really like the clump of mushrooms at the base of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun painting those mushrooms. It was fun putting the face on one of them and placing the little guy sitting on another one.

      Delete