Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Friday, January 27, 2012

More Aware

I am painting a landscape type painting right now. The part of the painting I'm on is two trees. Not horribly detailed but enough that I really have to think about it. It makes me see trees in the real world differently. I notice details of the bark, how the leaves either look like clumps or individuals, the play of shadows on the canopy, the way the light wraps around the trunk. Painting something makes me more aware in the real world - gives me what one artist called "owl vision" - that ability to expand what I see around me by focusing as wide as I can while staring at a certain point. And I find creation is astounding. Or more specifically, my Creator. And I thank Him for allowing me to see and paint a tiny portion of it.

1 comment:

  1. That gift is what makes you such a talented artist! :

    ReplyDelete