Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Glimpse of an artist

Thought for the day: Art is a baring of the artist's soul. It shows the world what lies within and gives the viewer a glimpse of who the artist is or wants the world to think she is at that point in time. At least, that is how I see it. Each piece of art gives someone a peek of who I am...I am wrapped up in each painting. Does that thought keep my art too safe, limit what I paint, or make it into something I think others want it to be?  I don't know. Maybe. Then again, perhaps I am just learning to express what lies within - to stretch and reveal my inner self. So this year I will strive to paint with no expectations of my own or anyone else's. Just maybe I'll give myself permission to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment