Check out where my someday art studio will be at The B Farm

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A New Studio Space?

I'm trying hard not to get too excited BUT I might actually, finally get to move my art stuff into my son's bedroom. He's moving out! I'm excited for him - he's had to live at home a couple of years after college courtesy of today's economy - but finally it looks like he's going to be able to have his own place. I'm excited for me because I can take over his room and get my breakfast nook back as a breakfast nook. I'm busy making plans for what I will have in each room...for the nook - a table that lets me use the window seats for seating, new decorations; lots of storage, the right-sized table to paint on, picture ledges and a fun decor for the art space. That said, I'll miss the light in the nook - it faces northeast and the morning light is incredible. Plus, I don't get to do anything until later in the month but oh boy! the possibilities! I'll post pictures of the space once it happens.

On another note, said son informed me I hadn't taken the pictures of the calendar pages properly.  His degree is in Graphic Design so he does know his stuff. So, last Saturday, he pulled out the easel, got the camera, and retook them all. I turned the project over to him and he's going to try to have it laid out by the end of the month so it can go to the printer's. Really anxious to have it done so it will be ready to sell at the upcoming art shows.

Gearing up to work on new Christmas card designs. They should be fun to create!

1 comment: